July 23 - 24, 2020
9:00 - 3:30 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
Learn everything you need to set up and run a highly available, multi-master cluster using Galera. We’ll train you in the basics of Galera architecture and functionality, as well as more advanced techniques for configuring and administering a Galera Cluster.
Working knowledge of database concepts
Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux command-prompt usage
Basic knowledge of computer networking
MariaDB server configuration and usage
Familiarity with AWS VMs
Familiarity with VirtualBox
This is a 2-day course. Each day is a 6.5-hour session that includes instructor-led training, followed by hands-on exercises. We will keep a 30 min lunch/coffee break around 12 pm.
For the next course, please check out our upcoming classes page.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Install and configure a Galera Cluster
- Understand how out-of-sync nodes resynchronize and how multi-master conflicts are resolved
- Learn to desynchronize a node to be able to make backups of MariaDB
- When a cluster is shut down cleanly or crashes, learn how to recover properly to avoid loss of data between nodes
- Load balance and monitor a cluster using MaxScale, as well as various caveats and advanced topics related to Galera
If you have any questions about our training classes, please email us at email@example.com
Your cart is empty