February 17-19th, 2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMT (London)
This course teaches the essentials of the DBA trade and extends current DBAs' skill sets to all aspects of MariaDB administration. We'll thoroughly review fundamental administrative tasks such as backing up and restoring, monitoring and maintaining databases, and ensuring user security. Plus we'll cover core MariaDB concepts and essential tools, in addition to optimal use of resources for your databases.
Basic SQL knowledge and familiarity with fundamental database concepts are required. Prior experience with MariaDB or MySQL is recommended, but not required.
This is a 3-day course. Each day is a 6.5-hour session that includes instructor-led training, followed by hands-on exercises. We will keep a 30 min lunch/coffee break around 12:00.
Disclaimer: Course dates and times are subject to change.
Students will learn a wide range of skills for administering a MariaDB database, including the following:
- Install, configure and upgrade MariaDB Server
- Perform the MariaDB start and shutdown operations
- Activate and manage MariaDB server logs
- Describe MariaDB server internals
- Evaluate data types and character sets
- Understand MariaDB schema objects, including views, triggers and table partitioning
- Compare and gain an understanding of the various storage engines in MariaDB
- Understand transactions and data locking in MariaDB
- Manage users, roles and security, including data-at-rest encryption and password strength checking
- Perform backup and restore operations using a variety of backup methods, such as MariaDB Backup
- Understand how MariaDB uses resources such as disk and memory
- Understand performance tuning techniques
- Describe the fundamentals of high availability
- Configure and monitor MariaDB replication
- Understand the MariaDB MaxScale database proxy
- Describe advanced features in MariaDB, such as PL/SQL support, window functions, common table expressions (CTEs) and temporal tables
Your cart is empty